Since 2012, we have been on a wild adventure of saving feral honeybee colonies from extermination. We provide a service that is an alternative solution to pest control.
Raising awareness on how to reverse pollinator declines by enhancing land management of Hawaii's local communities in agriculture, horticulture, and the Department of Education.
What We've Achieved
- Partnership with Hoa Aina O Makaha
- Revival of honeybee operation at HAOM
- Establishment of Pollinator Program for Makaha Elementary's third graders
- School group excursions based on teamwork
- Restoration of HAOM's Bee House includes an installation of skylights, a change in roof design, hive stands made of reclaimed wood and a fresh paint job
- Association with Honest Greens Farm
- Private honeybee farm tours
- Seasonal talks at eco-conscious festivals, seed exchanges, conferences and local TV shows
- Completion of Kohala Center's Ku Aina Pa School Garden Teacher Training
- Educational outreach to Voyager Public Charter, SEEQS, Pauoa Elementary and Hawaii School for the Deaf & the Blind... Thanks to collaboration with The Green House